Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bringing You Up to Speed

So I am probably the worst blogger in the history of blogging! I know that I haven't posted anything since Halloween, but as many of you know I am very busy! For those of you who don't know how busy I am I will give you a bit of insight into my life. I have a full time job, 2 PRN jobs, and a full time school schedule, and, of course, the family/house duties. I also had gastric bypass surgery the end of December and changed jobs mid February. Somehow, I just don't think I have enough going on (JK)! So, I am going to try and catch up the last four months with this one post. November we took a trip to Gatlinburg for our 9th anniversary. Johnathan and I had a great time. Thanksgiving we spent in Auburn for what turned out to be a very exciting Auburn vs. Alabama game! Also, Johnathan, Emma and I participated in Black Friday shopping. It was Emma's first experience and we were in line at Target at 3:30am!!! It was quite cold, but we had a great time and hit Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy before 7 am. December began with me finishing my first semester at UAB. I thought it was going to turn out horribly, but somehow I pulled out a 4.0!!! We spent Christmas in Birmingham. It is always great to get together with family. Jackson really enjoyed spending the week prior to Christmas with Mimi and Grandad. It was also a really fun Christmas because Jake seemed to really enjoy opening his gifts and pushing one of his toys all over Mimi and Grandad's house. However, he really did not enjoy all of our dogs. They want to check him out and he is not too crazy about that. The day after Christmas we loaded up the car and went to visit Uncle Mike and Aunt Sylvia. Eric and Gina were in town, and we were very excited to get to see them. It had been almost 2 years since we had seen each other. Jackson also got a special surprise from Eric. Eric let him take his "vintage" Star Wars Lego sets home to build. We were also blessed that all 3 of our dogs behaved at Mike and Sylvia's, so they were invited to visit again. Four days after Christmas I sent in to Memorial Hospital for my surgery. Luckily, I only had to spend one night in the hospital and I got to go home. The first few days were a little rough, but I survived. After 10 days at home driving myself and everyone else crazy I went back to work. January was a whirlwind. After taking the first week of January to recover from my surgery I went back to work. The third weekend in January we went to Nashville to spend time with our best friends Heather and Justin. We had the most amazing time with their whole family. We got to meet Jenna Grace for the first time since she was born in November 2008. Jackson spent a lot of time playing with Reed (2 years old). It was really cute watching them play Thomas together like brothers. We are so lucky that Jackson is a very sweet and giving child. During our weekend we stayed up late playing Rock Band (they made me sing, and I have a horrible voice, but at least I know most the lyrics to the songs). Heather and I shopped on Saturday and left the boys at the hotel to mind the kids. Sunday we went to the Science Museum in Nashville and had a great time. The kids really enjoyed all the interactive exhibits. We stayed until 5:30 and then it was time for us to part ways! That was the worst part of the whole trip. It is so sad every time Heather and I have to part. Heather is the closest friend I have had in my adult life, and we are almost exactly alike (except physically and she can SING, really good). Our husbands are eerily similar, too. Hopefully, someday we will live in the same town. The end of January brought new possibilities when I received a job offer from the Galen Medical Group to be their Electronic Medical Record Implementation Coordinator. This was a dream job offer because I love being in the medical field, but I also love computers. This job is a mix of both. February 15 I started my job at Galen. I have spent the last couple of weeks getting settled in and learning my new position. We signed Jackson up for soccer the beginning of March at the YMCA. We are very excited that he has shown an interest in a sport. We tried football and baseball, but he just did not seem interested in either of them. We are looking forward to spending Easter in Birmingham. Jackson will be spending Spring Break in Niceville with Grandad Jake and GG Kathy. As for me, well since surgery I have lost 40 pounds and total since May of 2009 I have lost 57 pounds. I am still working very hard, going to the gym and hope to lose another 80 pounds by Christmas. I will add some pics to go along with this post later because I am not at home where my pics are stored.

No comments:

Post a Comment